Jul. 14th, 2014

shamelessly_mkp: (Default)
self, I am confuse. you have literally spent 90% of your day in bed why are you still tired and thinking longingly of curling up under blankets

via:Tumblr http://ift.tt/1oUWZxb
shamelessly_mkp: (Default)
quigonejinn:

1. 

my soul is a dog

in a hot car

on a summer day with the window

barely cracked

please for the love of god come back to gchat

2. 

you’re in a car with a beautifu —

fuck this richard siken shit

i just want to talk about mpreg clone watersports with you

3. 

YOUR GCHAT ICON SAYS YOU ARE THERE

IT’S MOTHERFUCKING GREEN 

GREEN AS THE ISLES OF IREFUCKINGLAND

BUT YOU HAVEN’T YOU RESPONDED TO MY MESSAGES

I HATE THIS

WHY DO WE LIVE SO FAR APART

WHY IS EVERYTHING IN LIFE TE — oh there you are, you’re typing at me, you were getting food, how was my day, did I see the thing yet?  

4.

i am sorry

but why the fuck 

aren’t you on

i know, i know,

it’s like 6:30 in the morning where you are

or you’re watching your brother get married

or you’re traveling to israel 

or dealing with serious real life shit that legit breaks my heart

but goddammit, i saw/read/listened to that thing last night

and if we don’t talk about it i am going to explode like a roman candle

fabulous yellow spider across the stars

tho we totally talked about how much we both hate fucking jack kerouac

did you see that tumblr post about how allen ginsberg was a grade a disgusting creep? on the other hand, i am totally changing my opinion on daniel radcliffe’s hotness 

via:Tumblr http://ift.tt/1scBbRc
shamelessly_mkp: (Default)
beyoncepatronus:

saying “the bechdel test sets the bar too low” is dumb because that’s literally the point of the bechdel test, it’s a bar set at ankle height that hollywood is still refusing to step over

via:Tumblr http://ift.tt/1yfBrPT
shamelessly_mkp: (Default)
writtenbymadeline:

A tool to use for find Synonyms: Synonym Finder.

This is a great, unique little tool I found by browsing for writing resources. It’s name speaks for itself: it’s a synonym finder.

The site is clean cut, has soothing colors, and to-the point results for any word you look up.

For example, when I look up the word “romance,” I get this:

Synonyms: romance, romanticism Definition: an exciting and mysterious quality (as of a heroic time or adventure)

Hypernyms: quality Definition: an essential and distinguishing attribute of something or someone Usage: the quality of mercy is not strained—Shakespeare”

I had no idea what a “hypernym” is. Apparently it’s a word with a more general meaning that a more specific word fall under. Like, color is a hypernym for green.

On the right corner there’s a button to make graphs! So you can trace each synonym from it’s root word, and see how far the other synonyms connect in comparison to others.

I really like it, so I’m going to definitely bookmark it on my writing tools list.

via:Tumblr http://ift.tt/1sSqUam
shamelessly_mkp: (Default)
bioware: so yeah we have some more gay and bi characters for this game
straight men: i came out to have a good time and i’m honestly feeling so attacked right now.
via:Tumblr http://ift.tt/1ma01ZP
shamelessly_mkp: (Default)
Leverage Meme » 9/9 quotes
↳ We provide leverage.

via:Tumblr http://ift.tt/W3Iey5
shamelessly_mkp: (Default)
AO3, I love you and your tagging system, but y’all need some actual
kinksters in charge of wrangling the kink tags, because they are fucked the
hell up.

I have learned to navigate them, but there are both really dumb mistakes
(like having ‘kink’ as a ‘bdsm’ subtag, instead of the other way around)
and just egregiously misused tags like ‘daddy!kink’ for ‘parent/child
incest’ (Still looking at you, One Direction fandom).

This is the post I just made to the AO3 support forum:

> I read a lot of kink fic and I’ve noticed that many of the kink tags get
> used in egregious ways (e.g., using daddy!kink as a tag for parent/child
> incest) and/or get used as synonymns with or subsumed by inaccurate
> meta-tags.
>
> Is there a system in place for flagging such issues? I’m particularly
> concerned about the daddy!kink tag; it falls under the ageplay tag and
> (since incest using this tag is rarely marked, nor is actual pedophilia
> differentiated from ageplay) makes it incredibly difficult for those
> looking for actual ageplay fics. since many involved in ageplay are
> survivors of such abuse, the generalization becomes even more problematic,
> no longer just a source of frustration but actively making the ageplay tag
> an inherently unsafe place.
>
> I know I for one would be happy to volunteer to wrangle kink tags, and I’m
> sure there are other fannish kinksters who would be more than willing as
> well.

And now to wait and see. Maybe speaking up will do something. Maybe not.

It’s worth a shot.

hashtag mkp has opinions
hashtag mkp is kinky
hashtag mkp reads all of the fics

via:Tumblr http://ift.tt/1mOG4Mu
shamelessly_mkp: (Default)
plaidandredlipstick:

the reason male comic book fans work themselves into a frenzied rage over “fake geek girls" is because they think they can’t get a girlfriend because of their love for comic books (a.k.a nerdiness). if they accept that geek girls genuinely love comic books, then they’re left with the cold harsh reality that it’s not their nerdiness that makes them unattractive to women, but the fact that they are misogynistic condescending dickbags who need to be avoided AT ALL COSTS

via:Tumblr http://ift.tt/1mOG5jJ
shamelessly_mkp: (Default)
potofsoup:

archeralli:

a weak and tortured bucky making sure steve gets to safety first

It’s because Bucky has a habit of letting Steve go first.

——-

1) Always let Steve go first up the stairs, so that you can keep an eye on him.  It’s easier to count Steve’s breaths and notice when Steve’s heart does that thing that makes him stop and shake.  Much easier to stop and pretend to tie your shoes while you wait, worried, than to realize 2 flights too late that Steve’s no longer with you. 

Later: Your limbs are sore and numb from being strapped to a table for 2 days and you’re pretty sure you haven’t eaten and the entire base might be exploding, but when Steve says “let’s go up,” you tell him to go first.

———-

2) Steve’s walk was mostly normal, though he swung his hips in a certain way to compensate for his scoliosis, and that put a special cadence to his stride that you unconsciously match. Even without Steve around you would twist your hip back before swinging your leg forward.  Twist, swing, twist, swing.

Later: Steve is leading the way through the forest, and you’re finally used to his height and broad shoulders and that dumb shield, but something still feels wrong.  Somehow your pace doesn’t quite match, and you can’t figure out why.

———-

3) Colors don’t work the same with Steve, so always describe unfamiliar objects by their shape and relative location, like that square window past the third door on the left, or the man wearing that unseasonably long coat standing in the corner by the garbage can.

Later: The boys are singing in the other room and you’re at the bar with Steve, trying very hard to get drunk because of course you’ll follow Steve into whatever but that doesn’t mean you have to do it sober.  “Steve,” you whisper, “Check out that lady by the door, next to that short thin guy who has his shirt open.”  Steve looks over.  “The one in the red dress?  That’s Miss Carter.”  You decide you need another drink.

———-

4) When walking down a narrow dark alleyway always stay on the right, because Steve’s bad ear makes the right side feel blind to him (though damn if Steve’d ever admit that).  On broad open streets, switch to Steve’s left side, so that Steve could hear you better through the noise.

Later: Dum-Dum gives you a weird look as you line up to charge into a Hydra base.  “Why won’t you take the left flank for a change?”  You start explaining Steve’s bad ear before you remember that he’s not that Steve any more, and that Captain America doesn’t have a bad ear.

———-

5) Stuff in your left pockets are for Steve: the asthma cigarettes that Steve could never afford, a dime for that popcorn that Steve likes, tickets for whatever shindig you’re trying to drag Steve along to. Sometimes you put things there for Steve and totally forget about it, like extra paper and a spare pencil in case Steve wants to doodle.  The left side always belongs to Steve.

Later: Steve is awfully quiet by the campfire.  You sit down by his good ear and reach into your left pocket.  “Hey,” you say, pulling out a news clipping about the war front that featured a lovely photo of Miss Carter.  “You read this yet?  They think Morita’s a Japanese defector, but the section on Dernier is priceless.”

———————-

Still later:

Report on the Winter Soldier reset procedures

After the latest test run, only the following anomalies remain:

A) The asset tends to hug the right walls and not the left, and hesitates for 30 microseconds before climbing stairs.  However, he does not hesitate when scaling walls or ladders.

B) When walking unopposed the asset has a characteristic and identifiable stride, which is dropped when he is making a covered approach.  

C) The asset communicates via relative locations, often omitting crucial color information.  However, he can be commanded to describe the colors of any object in impressive detail.

D) When dressing himself, the asset keeps his knives exclusively on his right side, and his left pockets are underutilized.  This may be an effect of continued unfamiliarity with the new left arm.

After extensive field testing, we have determined that these anomalies do not impede the asset from completing his missions, and declare the reset process complete.

—————————

[basically the textual partner to the colorblindness comic]

[The rest of my Captain America stuff]

via:Tumblr http://ift.tt/1mOVBvS
shamelessly_mkp: (Default)
eighttwotwopointthreethree:

shakespeare’s characters are more or less equally divided between “DO IT FOR THE VINE” and “YOU HAD ONE JOB”

via:Tumblr http://ift.tt/1rbXYMD
shamelessly_mkp: (Default)
starkweek:

jesus, take the wheel. now put it in first - no, put the clutch in and - jesus, what the fuck, you said you could drive stick

via:Tumblr http://ift.tt/1yiVhcP
shamelessly_mkp: (Default)
okay, now I’m not just annoyed, I’m seriously angry. and really fucking sick of people not actually listening to what I’m saying.

via:Tumblr http://ift.tt/1rmnQ66
shamelessly_mkp: (Default)
shamelesslymkp:

AO3, I love you and your tagging system, but y’all need some actual
kinksters in charge of wrangling the kink tags, because they are fucked the
hell up.

I have learned to navigate them, but there are both really dumb mistakes
(like having ‘kink’ as a ‘bdsm’ subtag, instead of the other way around)
and just egregiously misused tags like ‘daddy!kink’ for ‘parent/child
incest’ (Still looking at you, One Direction fandom).

This is the post I just made to the AO3 support forum:

> I read a lot of kink fic and I’ve noticed that many of the kink tags get
> used in egregious ways (e.g., using daddy!kink as a tag for parent/child
> incest) and/or get used as synonymns with or subsumed by inaccurate
> meta-tags.
>
> Is there a system in place for flagging such issues? I’m particularly
> concerned about the daddy!kink tag; it falls under the ageplay tag and
> (since incest using this tag is rarely marked, nor is actual pedophilia
> differentiated from ageplay) makes it incredibly difficult for those
> looking for actual ageplay fics. since many involved in ageplay are
> survivors of such abuse, the generalization becomes even more problematic,
> no longer just a source of frustration but actively making the ageplay tag
> an inherently unsafe place.
>
> I know I for one would be happy to volunteer to wrangle kink tags, and I’m
> sure there are other fannish kinksters who would be more than willing as
> well.

And now to wait and see. Maybe speaking up will do something. Maybe not.

It’s worth a shot.

hashtag mkp has opinions
hashtag mkp is kinky
hashtag mkp reads all of the fics

The AO3’s Response:

I mean, I’m not crazy, am I? This is completely missing the point of the things I am saying.

via:Tumblr http://ift.tt/W562Ss
shamelessly_mkp: (Default)
you know, a lot of the kink-confused tags I really do understand. I do! but this is really fucking simple: parent/child incest isn’t daddy kink. pedophilia isn’t ageplay. there isn’t a fucking ambiguity here.

and I am just so fucking pissed off by the response I got. I would’ve preferred to not get a reply at all than to get one so obviously not listening to a word I was saying.

via:Tumblr http://ift.tt/W567W8

Profile

shamelessly_mkp: (Default)
shamelessly_mkp

November 2014

S M T W T F S
       1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 171819202122
23242526272829
30      

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Jul. 22nd, 2017 02:55 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios